- No programming or coding of any kind! Simply connect the steppers, apply power, and move the joystick.
- Motor current is set via potentiometer on a scale of 0 – 100% of 1 amp or 2 amp max depending on model.
- Motor max velocity is set via trimmer potentiometer
- Motor acceleration is set via trimmer potentiometer
- Automatic motor current reduction to 25% of set value when not moving.
- High and low limit inputs
- Microstepping for smooth motion
- Push button Turbo mode for high speed modes.
- Power Supply Voltage: 9V – 30V
- Current to motor: 0.05A – 1A max / 0.05A-2A max
- Set by potentiometer
- Motor rated voltage: 1V – 90V (for best high speed performance, use a motor rated at 1/4 of supply voltage, e.g. 6V motor with 24V supply)
- Motor rated current: 0.05A – 5A (motors rated at > 2A will output less than max torque)
- Max speed 5800 steps per second (1740 rpm) for a 1.8 degree per step motor.
- Suitable for XY Stages or Pan-tilt mechanisms. Motors that are size NEMA 23/17 or smaller are a good match for this drive.
- Limit inputs expect to be low for normal motion. Use a normally closed switch. This ensure that any disconnect of the limit will “fail safe”
- The supply to the opto LED is limited to 4mA per LED by a series 1K resistor on the board. The internal 1K ohm resistor can be shorted across for direct access to the 5V supply if desired, however, the total current must be less than 20mA total for all 4 sensors. 20K ohm pullup to 5V is included on the board on each limit input.
- Do not bundle motor wires with limit wires as the noise from the motor wires may cause false trips on the limits. Typically use shielded twisted pairs to reduce noise and connect shields to ground.
- For heavy-duty and precision applications, try our Precision Joystick which does not have a detent in the center and is much easier to control at very low velocities.
- The current must be set to a level such that the energy delivered can be absorbed by the load, excess current can excite resonances.
- Pushing on the joystick in an up down motion will actuate a switch that toggles between 1x and 2x Turbo Speed mode.
- For OEM applications the circuit board is available for purchase without the joystick installed. Contact factory to discuss.
Made in the USA
With Components from Franchised Distributors
90 Day Money Back Warranty