- No programming or coding of any kind! When the trigger switch is pushed the data is streamed via a USB COM port into a comma delimited text file which can be opened with Excel.
- This item is in stock, but it requires customization for your application. Please contact us to place an order.
- No software to buy. Use any terminal program such as Hyperterminal to stream the incoming ascii text values into a comma delimited file on your hard-drive that is readable with Excel. The tab delimited values can be averaged, background subtracted, time course plotted etc., as desired.
- The synchronous/lock-in detected light values received by the 2 photodiodes are sent for 3 separate conditions. Both LEDs off, LED1 on, and LED2 on. These are sent by simple ascii text into a terminal program at a rate of 90Hz per line of data as shown in the PDF datasheet below.
- 24-bit ADC converter gives values that are noise free to 15-bits (1 count in 32000) at a 90Hz rate. The electrical crosstalk between the channels is also less than 1 count in 32000.
- The LED and photodiode can be mounted opposite each other for absorbance measurement, or next to each other for reflectance measurement, or at 90 degrees to each other for fluorescence measurement.
- USB stick can be purchased for evaluation or general use for $200. If desired, all IP for this reader can be purchased for a one-time royalty-free license fee of $30K. Accessories such as a light proof electrically shielded enclosure, cuvette holder , lateral flow strip holder are available for an additional charge of $50-$100. Modifications and customizations are available at $200/hr.
- Consult us regarding setting up this reader for any fluorophores. A good reference document is:
- Build your own battery operated modulated light reader. Desktop/hand-held/wearable.
- Cuvette Holder with 4 light ports for making a Cuvette Spectrometer
- PCR-based assays with heating
- Fluorescence assays
- Reflectance/absorbance assays
- Can also work as an ELISA reader / Photometric plate reader / absorbance microplate reader /immuno assay reader.
- Can also work as a lateral flow test reader for fluorescence or absorbance based assays.
- Power Supply Voltage: powered by USB port 5V
- Communication 230400 baud, 8-bits, one stop bit, no parity
- LED current default set to 20mA, can be adjusted up to 200mA per LED.
- Use any photodiode
Made in the USA
With Components from Franchised Distributors
90 Day Money Back Warranty